Imagine there is a juicy chocolate cake with vitamin B, folic acid and iron. In the cookbook Natural baking with Amber Rose is a chocolate recipe, which is unusually healthy - because of a secret ingredient. Amber Rose has worked as a foodstylist for Kate Moss and Sadie Frost. You can remember their healthy recipes: the lady has learned where the ingredients grow, how to grow them - and above all, how to enjoy them.
Back to the chocolate cake: Expert Zorica from the food blog natürlich schmeckts has tried the recipe and recommends to tell the guests only after tasting that beetroot is contained. You do not taste the beetroot, but the cake has a very juicy consistency.
▪ 300 g of cooked, unseed beetroot, peeled and pureed (Zorica has taken organic beetroot and these are only brushed before cooking, thus preserving more valuable ingredients)
▪ 4 large eggs
▪ 4 tbsp honey
▪ Marked marrow of 1 vanilla dish
▪ 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, plus a little dusting
▪ 1 tsp of baking soda
▪ 1 pinch of salt
▪ 125 g of ground almonds
▪ 125 g of bitter chocolate (70% cocoa portion), broken into small pieces
▪ 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 180 ° C. In a large mixing bowl mix thoroughly the blanched beetroot, the eggs, the honey, the vanilla, the cocoa powder, the baking powder and the salt with the hand stirrer. Then add the ground almonds.
Let the chocolate melt in a water bath at a moderate temperature. Then stir the oil, add the chocolate-oil mixture to the dough and mix well. Put the dough into the prepared cake mold and bake in the hot oven for 35-40 minutes, until no more dough sticks to the cooking sample. At the end of the baking period remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
Sprinkle the cake with the remaining cocoa powder before serving!